Hi parents,
Picture Day went great today. I've never had so many students get so dressed up, it was awesome.
For writing, we built on the theme of last week's Spelling Sentences Twist, in which the students had to write sentences with adverbs, verbs, adjectives, and nouns. This time they had to write sentences about things they were thankful for. I think being forced to include adverbs and adjectives made this writing a lot more unique than your average gratitude journaling.
We went over this week's spelling words, and talked about the 'or' sound. We read Chapter 5 of Charlotte's Web, and did Daily LA. The students also had Gym and Music in the morning.
In math, I taught the class some mental math tricks for solving problems involving 11's and 12's, by first adding or subtracting 10, and then counting on 1-2 more times.
Parent Teacher Conferences are now open for booking - please book a conference as soon as you can!
Have a nice night,
Zac
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.