Hi parents,
We had another great day today. The students did some story writing based on picture prompts, similar to what we did as a whole school last year. I was happy to see that their creative writing skills are at an awesome starting point for Grade 3 / 4.
I've been spending a lot of time doing these numeracy and literacy screener assessments, and getting a good idea of the students' math and reading abilities. Because we've been spending so much time on these, I haven't introduced anything new in math this week - instead we've been doing review and practice of last year's concepts. Today I did the Grade 3 numeracy assessment and I was really happy with how it seemed to go. :)
In the afternoon, we visited the library for our first Library book check-out of the year. The kids were really enthusiastic about this.
They've also been really enthusiastic about the Canada Map 'contest' we started yesterday. I am in the process of choosing the Top 3 Canada Maps, and its a tough choice! They all turned out pretty well!
We watched a video about Terry Fox, and students added a little Terry Fox icon to their maps to show where he started his run, in St. John's Newfoundland. Our class is taking on a few roles related to the Terry Fox Run, including making an announcement, making banners, and counting out Terry tattoos for each class.
Have a nice night,
Zac
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.