Thursday, September 10, 2026

Thursday, September 10

 Hi parents,

Today we did some more writing with conjunctions. I'm hopeful that building this skill so early in the year will help students use a wider variety of sentence structures in their regular writing work throughout the year. For today's task, students were given a simple sentence, and asked to use the five conjunctions we learned earlier to end the sentence in five different ways.

We did some printing practice to review proper letter formation for lower-case letters. There are a lot of students that write certain letters in unusual and inefficient ways. It can be pretty hard to undo these habits, but I thought a little review wouldn't hurt. In a few weeks, cursive will replace printing practice.

We also had our first French lesson of the year, and learned a variety of greetings. I was quite impressed with how much the Grade 3s remembered from last year. :)
In Math, we played the math game Race to 1,000. It's a very simple game that helps students review counting patterns, and remember that it doesn't go, "98, 99, 100, 200,  300..." Which is often how students count aloud.

Tomorrow is our spelling quiz. Have a nice night,

Zac



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Thursday, September 10

 Hi parents, Today we did some more writing with conjunctions. I'm hopeful that building this skill so early in the year will help stude...